[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Frankie

Frankie

Forum to discuss other group members, i.e. Scott Mckenzie, Spanky McFarlane, Mackenzie Phillips, Jill Gibson, etc.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Frankie

Postby pauliewood » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:38 pm

been playing this selection over and over from the new "Many Mamas Many Papas" cd. Does it get any better than this?? I've never been the biggest Scott McKenzie fan, but this track is simply amazing. Any fan here, who wants to hear the Mamas and the Papas harmonies they grew up with should listen to this song.
pauliewood

Re: Frankie

Postby mcfrenzie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:26 pm

mcfrenzie

Postby John Sands » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Scott,

You're an original. Please write your memoirs. Then of course sign my copy.
John Sands

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Scott - great to have you here. Did you record with John past the material included on Many Mamas, Many Papas?
Dark Horse 77

Postby adamcarr » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:40 am

hey Scott, Great to have you as part of the forum. I'm with John, man, you gotta write a book!
Cheers,
adam
adamcarr

Postby Nicole » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 am

Hi Scott,
Thanks for posting. I agree, it's great to have you here. I agree with John and Adam, you should definitely write a book.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby pauliewood » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:25 am

Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an honor! Thanks, Man! ok...I thought about my comment, and I couldn't think of anything negative, just that I never went out of my way to buy your music (aside from "San Francisco" and "Like An Old Time Movie"..I have the Ode singles somewhere around the attic). I recently purchased "Anthology" and, I'm embarassed to admit I didn't realize the full extent of your recording history. Very impressive!
I saw you with the NEW Mamas and Papas in NYC sometime in the late 80's or early 90's. It was in the west village, perhaps the Bitter End? It was You, Denny, Mackenzie, and Spanky. You guys rocked. I especially remember "Got A Feelin"..really brought me to tears.
Anyhow, thanks so much for your contribution to this new (to me, anyway) CD. I love your vocals and wish you were all back together performing those great harmonies today.
paul
pauliewood

Postby pauliewood » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 am

Also, Scott..thanks for the backround "Frankie" info. That bridge is a knockout! I find myself singing it walking the streets. So many great twists and turns there. Just gorgeous.
pauliewood

Postby jcg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Mr McKenzie

It is a total honor to have you celebrating with us here a vital and fertile musical legacy of which you play(ed) a major role. It's a pleasure. You are a gentleman!

I wish you health and happiness
jcg
jcg

Postby CassFanForLife » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:00 am

Hi Scott...
It's great to see you put your 2 cents worth in..lol !! Please come again whnever you can, I enjoy your commentary !
CassFanForLife

Next

Return to Other Mamas, Other Papas